What does the coverage exclude?
We’ve got you covered! But what doesn’t the Premium Pet Protection Program cover?
- The first USD350 for each and every claim.
- Services booked outside of the PetBacker website or mobile app
- Damages made or medical care required during ‘Meet and Greet’ appointments or any incidents arising from a ‘Meet and Greet’ appointment.
- Service User pets or Pet Sitter pets that have not been neutered, vaccinated, microchipped or licensed.
- Any small animals that include but not limited to rabbits, fish, birds, hamsters, guinea pigs, reptiles, tortoises, or turtles.
- Loss or damage to property in the Pet Sitter's ownership, custody, care or control or of the Pet Sitter's family or any person residing with the Pet Sitter or under the Pet Sitter service.
- Any claim if a person catches a disease or virus directly or indirectly from the Service User Pet or Pet Sitter's Pet
- Accidental injury to or illness contracted by the Pet Sitter, Pet Sitter Family, or any person residing with the Pet Sitter or under the Pet Sitter service.
- Any claims for any pets that have gone missing or lost when in the care or possession of the pet service provider.
- Injuries to the Service User pet due to wild animals such as snakes, crocodiles, tigers and others
- Preventable conditions such as fleas, ticks, or parasites.
- Breach of professional duty (for example walking an animal off-leash in an area where this is reasonably considered not to be suitable). Remember to keep yourself and your furry friend safe!
- Any claims arising from mating, pregnancy, rape of the pet whether that of the Pet Sitter's pet or the Service User Pet or any other pet. PetBacker will not be responsible nor held liable to any breeding, mating, rape or pregnancy of pets.
- Treatment of pre-existing veterinary conditions, old age or illness of the Service User pet (eg: respiratory infections, urinary tract/bladder infections, blood disorders, vomiting, diarrhea, pancreatitis and other gastrointestinal disorders.). We stress the importance of getting as much info about your potential Service User Pet as you can, before you start pet sitting!
- Long-term vet care—i.e., care that extends more than 30 days past injury.
- Pet owner loss of wages (due to - for example - required follow up medical treatment for their pet)
- Reduction in ‘show’ value of the Service User pet
- Cancellation fees or costs incurred from cancellation of a holiday or travel arrangements as a result of a booking on PetBacker
- Loss of salary or wages as a result of a booking arrangement made on PetBacker
- Emotional distress caused as a result of a booking on PetBacker
- Fines, penalty, surcharge or late payment
- Punitive, aggravated or exemplary damages
- Any claim arising from or involving the Pet Sitter's pet or Service User pet being at any place for which it is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to contravention of any rule, regulation, deed of mutual covenant or legislation
- Any claim arising from an occurence in connection with the Pet Sitter's profession, occupation or business
- Any liability assumed by the Pet Sitter under any contract or agreement unless such liability would have attached in the absence of such agreement
- Judgements which are not in the first instance delivered by or obtained from a court of competent jurisdiction within the country of claim.
- Jobs which involve shelters or rescuers where Petbacker service fees are not charged.
- Claims for injury to service user pet inflicted by any pet belonging or residing with the Pet Sitter that is not from a job with PetBacker.
- Quotes that are below the normal average rate by over 30 percent.
- Pet Death
You might also be interested in: